LED Retrofit Kits
You can think of a LED Retrofit Kits as a bulb and ballast replacement. It uses your existing fixture, you replace the existing HID bulb with the Retrofit Head and the ballast with the LED Driver. You can easily convert your existing fixture over to a LED Fixture. Models are available to replace 70W HID to 1500W HID. They are ETL Safety tested, DLC Premium Qualified for rebates. Our Retrofit Kits are the perfect way to convert over to LED – and can be used indoors or outdoors.
What is a LED Retrofit Kit?
A LED Retrofit Kit consists of a LED Head, LED driver and a set of mounting arms and bases that allow you to replace the bulb and ballast of an existing metal halide, high pressure sodium or HID fixture.
How do you install a LED Retrofit Kit inside a fixture?
Here are the steps we recommend you follow.
- Turn off the power to the fixture.
- Open the fixture, exposing the bulb and ballast.
- Remove the fixtures bulb, ballast, reflector and socket. Keep the screws used to mount the socket.
- Using the mounting arms and bases provided, determine the solution that will work best for your fixture, and assemble the mounting arm.
- Install the mounting base where the socket was attached using either the socket screws from before or the screws provided with the kit.
- Install the LED driver where the old ballast was installed.
- Install the LED head onto the mounting arm.
- Connect the black and red wires of the LED head to the black and red wires of the LED driver.
- Connect the input wires of the LED driver to the incoming power cord that was connected to the old ballast.
- Clean the fixtures glass if needed and close the fixture.
- Turn on the power.
How Long will a Retrofit Kit last?
The heads are rated for an L70 lifetime of 100,000 hours. They are warrantied for 10 years. The drivers should easily last more than 50,000 hours. If you are running your lights 12 hours a day, 365 days a year this allows for well over 10 years of life.
Are LED retrofit kits as good as new light fixtures?
Our retrofit kits are ETL Listed, and have passed all the UL1598C retrofit standard requirements to ensure the quality matches that of a new fixture. They are DLC Premium Qualified, which means they are eligible for the top tier utility rebates. The heads are warrantied for 10 years and are engineered to last even longer. Ensuring you follow the installation instructions and mount in a dry area means there is no reason our retrofit kits won’t last a very long time.
Can they replace 1000 Watt Metal Halide?
Yes, we have 11 different models, from 30W to 350W, that can replace 70W to 1000W Metal Halide. The smallest produces 4,950 lumens and the largest produces 50,750 lumens.
Can these run on 480V power?
Yes, we offer 2 drivers, 100-277V (standard) and 277V-480V (optional).