What is a LED Retrofit Kit?
A LED Retrofit Kit consists of a LED Head, a LED driver and a set of mounting arms and bases that allows you to replace the bulb and ballast of an existing metal halide or high pressure sodium fixture.
How do you install a LED Retrofit Kit inside a fixture?
Here are the steps we recommend you follow.
- Turn off the power to the fixture
- Open the fixture to expose the bulb and ballast
- Remove the fixtures bulb, ballast, reflector and socket. Keep the screws used to mount the socket.
- Using the mounting arms and bases provided, determine what solution will work best for your fixture, and assemble the mounting arm.
- Install the mounting base where the socket was attached using either the socket screws from before or the screws provided with the kit.
- Install the LED driver where the old ballast was installed
- Install the LED head onto the mounting arm
- Connect the black and red wires of the LED head to the black and red wires of the LED driver
- Connect the input wires of the LED driver to the incoming power cord that was connected to the old ballast.
- Clean the fixtures glass (if applicable) and close the fixture.
- Turn on the power.
How Long will a Retrofit Kit last?
The heads are rated for an L70 lifetime of 100,000 hours. They are warrantied for 10 years. The drivers should easily last more than 50,000 hours. If you are running your lights outdoors, 12 hours a day, 265 days a year, that if well over 10 years of life.
Are your kits as good as new light fixtures?
Yes, they are. They are ETL Listed, and have passed all the UL1598C retrofit standard requirements. The are DLC Premium Qualified, which means they are eligible for the top tier utility rebates. They are engineered to last 10+ years, and the heads are warrantied for 10 years. Follow the installation instructions, make sure they are kept dry, and there is no reason to think our retrofit kits won’t last a very long time.
Can they replace 1000 Watt Metal Halide?
Yes, we have 11 different models, from 30W to 350W, that can replace 70W to 1000W Metal Halide. The smallest produces 4,950 lumens and the largest produces 50,750 lumens.
Can these run on 480V power?
Yes, we offer 2 drivers, 100-277V (standard) and 277V-480V (optional).