Our Industrial Grade Marine LED Lights are designed for the harsh environments of industrial and marine environments. IP68 rated, with power options from 100W to 1000W and optic packages for spot to flood lighting.
These lights can be used in both onshore and offshore applications. They are designed to withstanding harsh salt spray environments. They can be equipped with flood or spot lighting optics to offer broad or pin point lighting options.
Showing all 9 results
600 Watt LED High Mast Pole Mount – produces 82890 lumens – replaces 1500 Watt Metal HalideRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-AX-LED-HM-600-[Color]-Pole – 1381Lead Time: Built to Order – 4-5 WeeksReplaces: 1500 Watt MetalHalideWatts: 600Life: 100,000 (L70) hoursLumens: 82890 • LM/W: 138Warranty: 10 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
750 Watt LED High Mast Pole Mount – produces 103815 lumens – replaces 2000 Watt Metal HalideRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-AX-LED-HM-750-[Color]-Pole – 1382Lead Time: Built to Order – 4-5 WeeksReplaces: 2000 Watt MHWatts: 750Life: 100,000 (L70) hoursLumens: 103815 • LM/W: 138Warranty: 10 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
900 Watt LED High Mast Pole Mount – produces 124740 lumens – replaces 2000 Watt Metal HalideRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-AX-LED-HM-900-[Color]-Pole – 1383Lead Time: Built to Order – 4-5 WeeksReplaces: 2000 Watt MetalHalideWatts: 900Life: 100,000 (L70) hoursLumens: 124740 • LM/W: 138Warranty: 10 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
450 Watt LED High Mast Trunnion Mount – produces 62235 lumens – replaces 1000 Watt Metal HalideRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-AX-LED-HM-450-[Color]-Trunnion – 1384Lead Time: Built to Order – 4-5 WeeksReplaces: 1000 Watt MHWatts: 450Life: 100,000 (L70) hoursLumens: 62235 • LM/W: 138Warranty: 10 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
750 Watt LED High Mast Trunnion Mount – produces 103815 lumens – replaces 2000 Watt Metal HalideRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-AX-LED-HM-750-[Color]-Trunnion – 1386Lead Time: Built to Order – 4-5 WeeksReplaces: 2000 Watts MHWatts: 750Life: 100,000 (L70) hoursLumens: 103815 • LM/W: 138Warranty: 10 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
900 Watt LED High Mast Trunnion Mount – produces 124740 lumens – replaces 2000 Watt Metal HalideRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-AX-LED-HM-900-[Color]-Trunnion – 1387Lead Time: Built to Order – 4-5 WeeksReplaces: 2000 Watt MHWatts: 900Life: 100,000 (L70) hoursLumens: 124740 • LM/W: 138Warranty: 10 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
100W LED Marine Light – 16000 lumens – replaces 400W HID – Harsh Salt Water TestedRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-LED-MAR-FLD-100-[Color] – 1509Lead Time: Built to Order – 4 WeeksReplaces: 400 Watt MetalHalideWatts: 100Life: 70,000 hoursLumens: 16000 • LM/W: 160Warranty: 5 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
200W LED Marine Light – 32000 lumens – replaces 750W HID – Harsh Salt Water TestedRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-LED-MAR-FLD-200-[Color] – 1511Lead Time: Built to Order – 4 WeeksReplaces: 750 Watt MetalHalideWatts: 200Life: 70,000 hoursLumens: 32000 • LM/W: 160Warranty: 5 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
500W LED Marine Light – 80000 lumens – replaces 1500W HID – Harsh Salt Water TestedRequest Pricing Contractor / Bulk PricingSku: MLLG-LED-MAR-FLD-500-[Color] – 1513Lead Time: Built to Order – 4 WeeksReplaces: 1500W Metal HalideWatts: 500Life: 70,000 hoursLumens: 80000 • LM/W: 160Warranty: 5 yearsVoltage: 100V-277V | 277V-480V
LED Marine Lights Buyers Guide
The marine environment, where ships and boats operate, is very tough not only on lighting fixtures but on most man-made objects. There are harsh weather conditions to contend with and also salty water that causes corrosion of metallic items. There are also waves and tides, elements that slowly affect the structure of artificial objects.
Lighting fixtures used in the marine environment have to withstand the wetness and humidity of the area and corrosion from saltwater as well. To efficiently light up marine vessels, docks, platforms, or offshore drilling rigs, you require very tough light fixtures.
In many instances, these lights require a triple powder coating and stainless steel fixtures for mounting to resist corrosion. They also need very high tech optics to ensure enough illumination in often times humid and turbulent weather seasons.
These light fixtures also have to withstand submersion in water without experiencing damage. Marine lighting is usually used in:
Shipping vessels above or below decks, exteriors, and interiors
Crude Oil Refineries
Water Treatment Plants
Coastal Gas and Oil Production Centers
Container yards in shipping ports
Convey, walkways, or on cranes
High mast lights on shipping containers – story-high stacks of containers
Special Features of LED Marine Lights
- Resistance to corrosion caused by salty water
- Vibration resistance to waves and tide movements
- Resistance to mechanical impact and extreme weather conditions
- Thermal management for long life
- American Shipping Bureau approved
- Approval for hazardous applications
- High Ingress Protection ratings
- Triple powder coating for corrosion resistance in salty water
- Stainless steel light fixtures
- Vented enclosures for reliability
- Have a 0-10v dimming range
- Wide color temperature range
- High-quality illumination
- Energy efficiency
Common Terms Used To Identify Marine Grade Light Fixtures
A lighting fixture that is weatherproof is resilient and can withstand varied environmental conditions. These lights can be used in overly windy, rainy, hot and snowy applications and their lighting efficiency or mechanism won’t be adversely affected. Weatherproof lighting fixtures should withstand falling dirt, water ingress, and icy conditions and usually are NEMA rated.
LED marine lights use weatherproof materials which make them suitable for outdoor use. They may also have a finish or coating that works to deter salty water damage. They have sealed designs and are corrosion-free.
These lights can withstand saltwater corrosion and are not only weatherproof but are also rated safe for marine use. Weatherproof light fixtures are usually designated by their manufacturers.
A waterproofed light fixture is resistant to the ingress of moisture or water. Such lighting fixtures keep the internal electric components dry and fully functional in circumstances where they are exposed to rain or water splashes. Their enclosures are also IP rated. Waterproof light fixtures can be defined using their IP rating, unlike weatherproof fixtures.
Marine rated light fixtures can withstand strong winds, saltwater corrosion, rough contact, and water – elements commonly found in oceans and seas. These light fixtures can withstand saltwater corrosion which causes premature fixture failure on shore-based areas and sea docks.
To deter saltwater corrosion, the lights’ manufacturers basically use superior manufacturing materials. Some manufacturers use marine grade stainless steel incorporated with molybdenum, like 316 stainless steels. Light fixtures may also contain other marine grade materials such as carbon steel, silicon bronze, or aluminum.
Marine light fixtures are usually layered with coatings that make them more durable against saltwater corrosion. Using processes like galvanization, the parts of the light fixtures exposed to saltwater are dipped in hot zinc to galvanize them. They can also be anodized in an electrolytic acid solution that strengthens them against rust. Anodizing is usually done to aluminum products.
Wet vs. Damp Location Light Ratings
If a light source is rated for wet locations, it is suitable for use in watery environments that have rain, excessive humidity, moisture, or snow. This may include places such as restrooms, cleaning stations, pipelines, marine environments, or storage centers.
The UL ratings assigned to these fixtures are usually assigned after rigorous testing. The light fixtures are reinforced with components and protective designs regulated by safety bodies such us UL or NEC.
Wet rated light fixtures are exposed to direct water contact which may include snow, rain, or moisture. They are usually UL tested and rated, and the units that allow water typically have a drain hole.
Wet location light fixtures are usually used in food prep areas, car washes, sewers, or underground basements. Damp location light fixtures, on the other hand, are used indoors or outdoors and may be used in areas exposed to light moisture or condensation.
The major difference between wet location and damp location light fixtures is the intensity and duration each fixture can tolerate water exposure. Damp rated light fixtures are not watertight, so water ingress will adversely affect their mechanism.
Damp location light fixtures are perfect for protected and covered areas such as decks or porches with overhangs or roofs. These lights are commonly used in freezers, walkways, or public restrooms.
Advantages of LED Marine Lights
- They are impact resistant with a high IK rating. LED lights are built rugged and can withstand hard use
- They are vapor tight with IP67, IP68, or IP69 ratings, depending on the installation area
- They are explosion proof and suitable for use in gas-prone and dust-prone offshore applications
- They are corrosion-resistant and last long even when installed in corrosive saline water environments
- They use up to 80% less energy than older HID light fixtures, which translates to less money spent on operational costs
- They last 50,000 to 100,000 hours, which is extremely long compared to 6,000-24,000 useful hours of HID lamps. They drastically reduce lamp replacement costs as well as other maintenance costs
- Color temperatures have become a critical feature in lighting design. LED marine lights have a wide range of color temperatures, in fact, wider than that of conventional bulbs. They are highly tune-able and can create the perfect environment for varied tasks
- LED marine lighting is eco-friendly since it does not have toxic substances like mercury which is found in HID lamps. These solid-state lights also last longer, meaning fewer units will end up in dump sites
- LED lights do not emit UV radiation, so they can be used in a wide range of applications
- LED marine lights are not made of fragile or breakable materials, so they offer a lot of flexibility in lighting design
- They also work well with light control features and can be dimmed not only to enhance the ambiance of a space but to save energy, too
- LEDs operate most efficiently in cold environments, unlike HID lamps whose ballasts are negatively affected by extreme temperatures. They can be installed in a wide range of settings, including cold rooms, outdoor spaces with freezing weather, or under submerged parts of ships
- LED lights are unidirectional lights, meaning that they are designed to focus their light. HID lamps are multi-directional lights and almost half of the light they produce is usually wasted and dispersed into the environment. These light wasters create light pollution that has undesirable effects not only on human health but on sea creatures, land animals, and plants
- Unlike HID lamps, LEDs have no re-strike and warm up periods and can be switched on and off on demand. This is part of the reason they work perfectly with light control mechanisms that help save energy and create comfortable living and working environments
- LED marine lights score highly on the color rendering index. This means that they render colors better than other artificial lights. Their color rendering ability is often compared to that of the sun at midday on a clear day. They are perfectly suited for scientific, surveillance, and security systems in marine applications